Dental Implants in Marysville, CA
At the office of Charles F. Kattuah, DDS, we understand how frustrating it can be to deal with missing teeth. If you have missing teeth and are looking for a permanent solution, dental implants may be an appropriate option for you.
Dr. Kattuah and his experienced team place dental implants with care and accuracy to restore your smile. Contact our Marysville office today to discover whether dental implants are right for you!
CALL US: (530) 741-9411 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots fashioned out of titanium. They are designed to fuse with your jawbone naturally and are carefully placed using the latest technological advances. Dental implants provide stable, durable foundations for a wide range of implant-supported restorations that can replace missing teeth and fill gaps in your smile.
The Dental Implant Process
Dr. Kattuah and his team will schedule a consultation with you to discuss the treatment and make sure dental implants are the best choice for your health and overall well-being. To be a successful candidate for dental implants, you must have healthy gums. If you are currently suffering from gum disease, we’ll provide treatment before placing dental implants. Doing so increases the success rate of your implant surgery.
Certain health conditions and medications can negatively impact the implant procedure and may cause your implants to fail. You will need to discuss your relevant medical history and any current medications with Dr. Kattuah to prevent complications.
For your implants to fuse correctly, it is essential to have sufficient jawbone. If you do not have enough healthy bone, the implants may not bond to your jaw correctly or support your replacement teeth. Pre-treatment may be necessary before beginning the implant procedure.
Efficient Extractions to Support Your Implant Treatment
It is ideal to preserve your natural teeth for as long as possible, but sometimes a tooth cannot be saved. If you have severely decayed or damaged teeth, we can perform extractions on a case-by-case to maintain your oral health. After the extraction, a single dental implant with a crown restoration can effectively fill in the gap and keep your smile healthy
Our Technology & Process
We use the latest technological advances to optimize the placement of your implants. To determine where to place your implants effectively, we:
- Use a cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) scanner to create 3D images of your mouth, jaws, and face. Doing so allows us to map the inside of your mouth and see how your teeth are aligned. The images also give us a good idea of how much healthy jawbone you have.
- Use an intraoral scanner to supplement the images created by the CT scan. The intraoral scanner produces a 3D surface model.
- Review panoramic x-rays, which create an image of your entire mouth. We carefully analyze the x-ray image, looking for any signs of tooth decay, infections, or bone loss.
Our process prepares us to place your implants with confidence and efficiency. Dr. Kattuah has decades of experience providing dental services and he approaches your unique situation with patience and care. Our goal is to provide you with high-quality implants that give you a foundation to remake your beautiful smile.
Implant-Supported Restorations to Suit Your Needs
Your dental implants can support a range of dental restorations that suit your unique needs. Whether you are missing a single tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire arch, there is a restoration for you!
- Implant Crowns replace a missing tooth by attaching directly to your implant. With the crown secured to the dental implant, your tooth will last for years with proper care.
- Bridges allow you to replace multiple missing teeth and fill substantial gaps in your smile. Two implants can support a set of crowns and replace several teeth in a row. The implant-supported bridge also keeps your natural teeth from shifting.
- Dentures allow us to replace up to a full arch of teeth. We create partial dentures when one or more healthy teeth remain in your upper or lower jaw. Full dentures replace an entire arch of teeth if you have no healthy teeth remaining. Your custom dentures will be permanently supported by a set of 6-8 titanium posts.
In addition to placing your custom restorations, we can restore crowns that are already in place if they become damaged or worn down over time. We can alleviate pain or discomfort from crowns that are cracked, chipped, or otherwise not serving you well.
Are Dental Implants Permanent?
Dental implants are incredibly durable and resilient due to their titanium material. While it is impossible to guarantee that they will last forever, your dental implants are built to the highest quality and safety standards. On average, dental implant posts can last for decades.
In some cases we may need to replace your dental restorations after many years. Normal wear and tear gradually break down implant crowns and replacement teeth, but you’ll typically have a decade or longer before you need even to consider replacing them.
Restoring Your Natural Smile
Our primary goal is to craft an aesthetic smile that you can take pride in. Dr. Kattuah and his team will address your dental implant procedure with the care, precision, and dedication you deserve. Get in touch with us at our Marysville office today. We can’t wait to meet you!
CALL US: (530) 741-9411 REQUEST APPOINTMENT